About 2 months in

So, I am now about two months in to my first tech job. I feel I have learned a lot, but still unsure if I know all I should at this point in my career. I know we are our own worst critics, but I don't even know what metrics to use to know if I am doing well or know enough. Small rant about myself is over.

Ok, so I was hired to be a Salesforce developer I had no experience in Salesforce other than taking a few trails on Trailblazer. It's actually really neat how they have created their training. It's one of the best trainings I've had for learning a new system. There is a lot of reading, but it is broken down for you and you get to apply the concepts in a playground (best way to describe it is a sandbox for your environment). I had heard of Salesforce years ago when I was looking for jobs in the bay area, but never really put much thought into it after that. I really had no idea how HUGE Salesforce is; Well, it is really BIG. I recently attended Dreamforce, all I can say about that is WOW. I will have to write a new blog just to talk about everything Dreamforce.

One of the great things I learned about Salesforce during the Dreamforce conference was how much they give back to community. I'm a big advocate for giving back to community and it was so good to see how Salesforce is doing that.

Learning the admin part of Salesforce has been pretty easy, but getting into the developer side is a bit more complex. There are so many tools to use along side Salesforce that I don't really use so it's learning Salesforce and everything that comes with it that makes it a bit harder. I recently read a quote that said "The best thing I ever did is to believe in myself". That's exactly what i'm going to do just believe in myself and keep going.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Salesforce

Angular Components